KICKSTART YOUR DAY WITH: “Because Of Them, We Can…” by Eunique Jones Gibson
This amazing photo campaign for kids where African-American children pose as the great African Americans of our past and present that helped PoC to become who they are now, started out as a project for Black History Month. The photographer behind the project, Eunique J. Gibson, then realized that doing this for only 28 days out of the month of February couldn’t and wouldn’t do.
Extending it to a full year where everyday, she would post a new photograph up on social networks, Gibson started the Kickstarter to turn her photo series into a book. She hopes to raise $80,000 by mid June, and has so far raised a little over $9,000.
Want to help the cause? Click the title to support!
WHY WOULD SEGREGATING GAY BOYS FROM STRAIGHT BOYS ON CAMPING TRIPS MAKE ANY SENSE LIKE IF YOURE TRYING TO KEEP THEM FROM HAVING SEX WITH EACHOTHER YOURE LITERALLY PUTTING ALL THE BOYS WHO LIKE OTHER BOYS TOGETHER IN A TENT ALONE
SHHHHH WE WERE HOPING NO ONE WOULD NOTIIIIICE
For real though I had so much sex at band camp because all the gay girls were in the same cabin
I was tagged by magnificeaco
1. Always post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, and write 11 new ones.
3.Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
4. Actually tell them you tagged them.
1. What is your dream job? I’ve always wanted to work for film. Like behind the scenes and making the magic happen.
2. Do you have any siblings? I have a twin sister who is not related to me in any way and looks nothing like me. Okay, I’m actually an only child, sassy-llave is really my soulmate who calls herself my twin to confuse people.
3. If you could trade lives with anyone for a day,who would it be? Someone who can afford to go to Comic Con.
4. What is your favourite film, and why? Prince of Egypt. I mean seriously, tumblr sings it’s praises for a reason. The animation is absolutely gorgeous. It’s been my favorite since I was a kid.
5. What is your favourite book, and why? Harry Potter. When I was in elementary school I was close to failing English/Reading. So every night my mom would read me a chapter from harry Potter and it got me interested in reading for the first time. Also it’s awesome.
6. Who is your favourite character, and why? I have literally so many favorite characters it isn’t even funny, but to narrow it down I;m ging to go with my favorite from Harry Potter because of the last question, Ginny Weasley. She’s a character who, in my opinion, is seriously under appreciated. I will always be pissed that JKR didn’t truly explore how Tom possessing her effected her, and how she over came her trauma. Seriously, she fought him off at 11, for like an entire year. Are you trying to tell me she didn’t have to overcome an insane amount of ptsd in her following years at Hogwarts?
7. How has your day been? Interesting. I had a job interview this morning and they want me back tomorrow for another. So here’s hoping it goes well :))
8. What do you think the best and worst thing about you is? I try to please people. It’s both my best and worst quality. I work my hardest to exceed expectations, making my work ethic great, but I also have the hardest time saying no to people. That’s why I left my last job. I ended up not only doing my own job, but picking up the slack of a lot of other coworkers, because they knew they could get away with it. They even tried to talk me out of leaving, to the point, I almost stayed.
9. Are you good with dealing with stress? No. I want to say I’m decent, but I have a tendency to snap at people when I’m stressed out. It’s horrible.
10. What annoys you? It’s weird because I hate ship wars with a passion ((seriously, not everyone likes the same thing, just get over it and have fun.)) but what annoys me even more than ship hate in tags or anything, is the posts in a ship tag complaining about the ship hate. Like we get it. Some people are being dicks and clogging up the tag with hate, but you’re basically doing the exact same thing?? Just ignore it and move on or use the lol/anti tags. Honestly.
11. What makes you happy? Swimming. I used to compete since I was 4, but quit around 11. Now I just do it for fun. I feel at home in the water. If I had a choice between swimming and wifi I’d choose swimming.
1. If you had a million dollars what would you spend it on?
2. What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
3. Would you be a superhero or Super villain?
4. What woud you do for a Klondike bar?
5. Have you ever been to Disney World/Land? If so what’s you favorite ride? If not, what would you like to ride?
6. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. What was your favorite childhood memory?
8. If you had a chance to talk to your twelve year old self, what would you say to them?
9. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done?
10. Have you ever met anyone famous?
11. How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? Lol, just kidding, what’s your favorite type of candy?
Hey! I tagged you in a question challenge on my blog! Check it out, and if you are interested, complete the questions, and have fun! :)
Ooh, sounds fun :) I’ll check it out right now!